View Single Post
Old 09-07-19, 07:37 PM   #24
Thaleshwar

Default Re: Painting Exhaust - Silencer Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
The standard VHT rattle can paints aren't like some of the,"Pro" twin/triple pack paints I use and have used in my job.They will cure naturally at the right temps.23 Deg C will be fine and the odd warm up with a Hairdryer will speed it up

You can make a,"Poly Tunnel" with some cheap poly,

https://www.toolstation.com/polythene-dust-sheet/p82400

One time I used an old Clothes horse Jerry-rigged into an enclosure but I did it outside on a warm enough day but got the part out fast once sprayed so no dust or debris could get on the job.
Spray painted today.. doing indoor was biggest blunder, as very fine layer of paint mist spread for meters, I had dust sheet and everything covered within 5 - 6’ but mist of spray dragged over to 12 - 15’!! Must due to window and doors open for ventilation.
2nd problem, after few hours, when touching fingers get smudge with chalky/powdery paint residue; it’s my thinking this paint do require baking to infuse paint crystals, I did try heat gun after couple of hour of drying but it dint change anything. So tomorrow when nobody at home it’s going inside oven, I tried it fits, so going to do 200c for 45mins as one of the reviews read for this particular Halfords paint.
Shade wise I love how it looks.
Thaleshwar is offline   Reply With Quote