Thread: Got snow?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-18, 05:55 PM   #32
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Got snow?

I don't have proper snow tyres but I did go for Michelin CrossClimate's on my Focus when it needed new boots. Lady P's car has the original fitment summer tyres on hers and I'll be putting the XCs on her car when they need them as they coped very well today. Took her to work as she was rightly concerned about the snow, went on to my current client and then the same back this afternoon. Despite most of the cars ahead and behind slithering everywhere in some places I think my traction control light only flicked briefly on twice? Not as good as full on winter jobbies in this cold but they are miles better than anything I've tried before. Feel no different to summer tyres in warmer weather and they seem to be lasting very well after just over a year on the fronts. Probably 10-20% more expensive than some other "premium" tyres but worth it in my opinion for these odd occasions and it means I don't need a second set of rims.

We've got about four inches of snow around here now at most, so not as bad as some of you, but it's settling across most roads as it about -6 and dropping as the salt/grit is not as effective. Stay safe all.