View Single Post
Old 27-01-19, 11:46 AM   #6944
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I've heard of uber, I had to look up deliveroo (my excuse is that they aren't in my area). I've never had food delivered, is that common now? Do you have to tip? Is the food still hot?

It appears to be a thing at the moment to get your McDonald's delivered etc.
I get that take away for delivery was inefficient. The pizza shop had a delivery guy, so did the Indian take away and the Chinese etc and they must have spent most time sitting on their backsides. So getting a small number of freelancers delivering all of them makes some sense. But gone is the customer service. The take away owners no longer have a touch point with the consumer. The delivery guy doesn't care if you think he's rude. He is allocated your delivery by algorithm, not because he's pleasant.

Maybe I dislike them for other reasons. If you order your take away through an app then it makes sense as the take away owner to lower costs by moving to an industrial estate or a shed somewhere and being an anonymous building. Slowly the High Street becomes vacant, loses that evening vibrancy. Don't then complain when high streets start dying if you don't go there to buy your food, clothes etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote