View Single Post
Old 17-02-20, 08:31 AM   #10
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thou has knocking from rear end?

For what it is and what it can do absolutely not, however it's a sixteen year old SV1000 and folk will price it on that rather than on all the TLC you have given it. It's one of the problems with well looked after and appropriately modified bikes, they tend to belong to people who appreciate them and if you want to get what it is "worth" to you then you need to find someone who appreciates it as much.

I've got a 650 that ironically looks almost identical to your 1000 (but obviously in better condition... ) that I have owned for over twelve years and we have shared many adventures together.... and I can't see myself selling it ever, if for no other reason that nobody would give me what it is worth to me. I've also got a TDR250 that is in the same position..... Neither see a lot of action these days but every now and then I drag them out and dust them off just to remind myself of the good times....!

You either need to fall out of love with it and let it go, or find someone who shares your passion. On here is a good place to start though so good luck and I hope it finds a great home.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote