View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 02:34 PM   #8
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki engineers talk about developing the Gen 3 SV

I had no problems with the curvy seat either but this is talking about the AL7. I could plainly feel the plastic base digging into my bum and upper thigh. Coming to a stop and putting a foot down intensified the discomfort. Maybe it's connected with a person's size, I'm 5'6 with a 29 in inseam.
Had I not had the seat rebuilt I would have sold the bike, it was that bad. The US site has an 8 page thread on the Gen 3 uncomfortable stock seat so it's not an isolated problem.
Previous iterations of the SV had a more or less horizontal seat which allowed you to move around albeit slightly. The AL7 has a pronounced slope to the tank and very thin padding, if you take a look at the aftermarket seats they have one thing in common which it to make the seating area as horizontal as possible.

Suzuki boasted about having the lowest seat height in its class (if that's all you've got going for the bike you've got problems) but to achieve that we have a steeply angled seat with bugger all foam. They tried to remedy that with the "Tuck and Roll" seat, they failed - it offers marginal improvement at best and that's only because your wallet is much lighter.

Last edited by Seeker; 02-08-19 at 02:35 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote