View Single Post
Old 30-04-17, 09:17 PM   #3334
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Interesting but not sure I can be bothered if the meter's busted. Thanks though. Are those the 126 pics?

Yep got the Perkeo in bits now. Someone's been in there already so it's pretty clean, the escapement was sticking on the slow speeds (when it's using the pallet, which wasn't free enough) so I've cleaned it a bit more and the oil is soaking into the pivots overnight - it runs fine when wet, and a load of black bits came out. All the glass etc. is good, nothing to do there but give it a wipe of as it goes back together. The shutter ring (I think) seems to be sticking though, there is a nasty sliding feeling as it operates, and without the escapement it can hang open when you let it fire slowly. There's a lever by the self timer that looked bent, I straightened it a little but not sure it's made any odds, though you could see silver particles where it had been rubbing on the self timer, so shouldn't hurt. I think it can get bent (so to speak) if the shutter is forced when jammed, but it was bent a long way out. I'd cleaned the shutter leaves but think I need to go in there again and take another look at the shutter ring. It should snap back and forth so will investigate another day.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote