View Single Post
Old 20-05-06, 06:09 AM   #17
Stig

OK. I shall post the cause of the accident here as I am getting repetitive strain injury keeping on doing it by PM.

A very short version. On slip road of M25 onto M40 east bound. Had bike cranked right over and titanium slider producing lots of sparks. Guesstimated speed about 90mph.

Hit a dip in the road that the front suspension was incapable of handling at that speed and angle.

Front wheel washed out and I slid into the Armco. Bike, myself and Armco got intimate very quickly.

I slid for approximately 15 meters before hitting the Armco. Approximate speed on impact was 80mph.

I was wedged under the Armco with the bike wedged in under me. I slid along the Armco getting more and more wedged until I hit the upright. It was the Armco that broke most of my ribs on my right side, it was my broken ribs that punctured my lung and damaged my liver and small intestines. The bike broke my pelvis and consequently attempted to leave my body. I also broke ribs on the left side and collapsed the left lung. Not quite sure if it was the barrier or the bike that did that.

So there we are, a very quick and rough guide to what happened and how the injuries were caused. I thought I was over the injuries and started running again. I was soon to be proved wrong however as my pelvis can not withstand constant pounding that occurs when running. I am far more fortunate that others. I was wearing protective clothing.

I think the main point about protective clothing is if you are not going to wear any, that is completely your choice. But please DO WEAR A FULL LENGTH BACK PROTECTOR. This undoubtedly saved me from having my spine chopped in half. I would have been dead without it.