View Single Post
Old 25-09-18, 08:23 PM   #3398
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
nice one John

we had all the mains flushed last year and since then the pressure has been a nightmare as it now runs normal then all of a sudden you get a burst of pressure which usually results in me getting soaked... lol

best water pressure i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with is in Lower Largo, when fitting a washing machine you have to install a ballafix and set it to almost fully off. turning a garden hose on results in 20ft fountain.. lol
You can get pressure reducer valve to reduce incoming pressure and maintain a constant pressure ( mount near to stop tap ), our whole house has hot and cold water ( pressurised hot water tank) at 3 bar ( 45 psi ) which is ideal and means a power shower does not need a pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
The front garden at Tapley Towers is in a bit of a state. The drive needed re-tarmacing so I've taken the opportunity to have the water mains pipe renewed. The old pipe has clearly been getting more and more clogged over the years.
The new pipe was connected today and what a difference to the pressure it has made. Such a small thing but it's brought a huge smile to my face.
Thank goodness houses have been fitted with plastic water pipes from water company stop tap to house for quite a while now, they don't corrode and block up and are flexible enough that they don't crack with soil movement - progress......

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 26-09-18 at 08:27 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote