View Single Post
Old 03-04-10, 04:46 PM   #213
kiggles

Default Re: Exhaust and Number Plates - Police view

i not saying its the right thing to do. i agree they are bad and shouldn't be on the road. but its just the fact other drives are at their own fault for other reasons make me not want to keep to these rules. i know loads of people who use phones, smoke, drink coffee, and drive at the same time. when i am in the car with them i stop them doing it as it annoys me but i know its not gona stop. they know its wrong but they still do it. Careless car drivers still are oblivious to bikes no matter how many adverts they put up on TV etc and still pull out carelessly. but its a world we live in i guess. nothing can stop these things and i take the side of the phase "kill or be killed" but in this case be selfish or been taken advantage of (in this case not be acknowledged or seen).

just for the record i have just put new exhaust on my bike and it is within the law of loudness so its not like i am going out my way to be an ass. I am still within the law and i very much doubt other car drivers with take these idea's on board.

But i do respect people who do follow the laws of no phone etc with hands free kits and people who stop for a cigarette and just didn't see a bike it happens. But they need to be aware of us as when i start driving the first thing i think of is a bike and its rubbed off onto my GF driving as well which i am very happy about