View Single Post
Old 26-07-14, 01:57 PM   #5
davepreston

Default Re: Lancashire Constabulary are a fecking joke

Red mate , if you even check back on these pages I used to be the first to defend the "working bobby" unfortunately the standard of the rank and file officer has fallen significantly, I grew up within the police family , both my parents did the job and enough aunts ,uncles, grandparents etc to refer to it as the family business , so believe me when I say if someone like me has got to this stage there is a major issue within this force,

The police service has always had the yes men at the top (most likely how they got there) and I am fully aware how bad the staffing levels are again any phone call to family or friends it gets a mention. this is a known problem , one that does need addressing but like you I would guess don't see that happening any time soon,

But its not just that, as to what I eluded to earlier , I have found the calibre of working officer to be far more lacking than im used to, I can hear you already, lack of man power, new directives and targets send from them upstairs, unrealistic expectations of higher ranks and the general public, and yes this does account for some of the failings, I even take serious demotivation and jadedness into the equation.

All in all I still come out at the continued fall of basic standards, empathy and professionalism of intake into this current service, the recruitment parameters are obviously way off, and don't get me started on the use and increasing powers of none qualified civilian employees , I think you will even agree that in essence the job has been strip mined.

But alas all of the above still comes to the same conclusion, the police have become a waste of my time and effort, and I see no point in assisting them when they don't assist me, I have tried to repeatedly to give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse their fallings but I cant justify it any long, whats the definition of insanity , doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result

Hopefully you will see that everything ive said has a bases and all of it is a reasoned summation of my experience with this force , and if you have the time I would love to hear your perspective on my points
unfortunately I think we both know that they have now burnt their bridges with me and anything short of an act of god is unlikely to re-engraceiate them to me

DP

Last edited by davepreston; 26-07-14 at 02:01 PM.