View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 09:30 PM   #9402
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
THE DVLA

Not checked in on them in a while but did today and it's nice to see they're still a pack of inept fecal pipes.

Sent off my V5 to change address some months ago, told the delay is because they're dealing with some sort of virus round the office. Tax reminder obviously went to the old address, found out it's untaxed today. Can't tax it without a V5. Ring the DVLA they tell you to use their online chat, use the online chat they say they can't help over chat and you must ring them 'eventually you'll get through'. I did not get through(apparently, the staff are so sick to death of all this relaxing furlough they've planned a week of slightly less relaxing striking). Two Post Offices later,all the while ringing the DVLA I get taxes for an extra £25 fee*

*unless they just took my money to have me on as both the DVLA webchat and the first post office said this was impossible.
You have my sympathy if dealing wit the DVLA by telephone. I had a nightmare experience for months when my licence was revoked for sleep apnoea. Even though I got the hospital consultant to write to them telling them I was receiving treatment and fit to drive again ,it went on for months with telephone calls, and every time I rang the backlog they were dealing with never seemed to get any shorter, and even got longer sometimes ! I was continually fobbed off by some administrator and could never get through to their medical department to be able to sort it out. When my case must have eventually got through to the DVLA medical department I got a phone call from a doctor saying they couldn't understand what had been going on and my licence would be sent back the next day. They need to sort themselves out.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote