View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 09:58 PM   #14
svenrico

Default Re: Curvy jacking point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Still think the best option is an ABBA superbike stand with front lift kit and swingarm removal bobbins. The basic ABBA stand will fit pretty much any bike, if you choose the swing arm removal kit ( about £15 ) you get a pair of bobbins that basically allows the basic stand to fit any bike without having to buy any extra adaptors to fit your new bike model, the swingarm removal bobbins bolt onto footrest hangers, and can be left on the bike all the time. Instead of removing bits of bodywork on my AL7 to get the adaptors into the swingarm spindle I just use the bobbins for everything and the adaptors stay in a plastic bag on the garage wall....

The ABBA stand is an investment really, and allows bike to be stored over winter with wheels off the floor as well as being able to easily remove forks and swingarm. Basic stand with adaptors for SV is about £102, lift arm ( £45 ) and bobbins ( £15 ) it is really pretty good value.
I wasn't aware of the swingarm removal bobbins option, will look into that. I find removing panels to fit the adaptors on my 2020 sv650A a bit of a drag.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote