View Single Post
Old 14-04-21, 01:47 PM   #9435
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Go to the surgery and ask to speak to the practice manager, when asked what for, tell them you want a copy of thier Complaint's Procedure.

Follow the procedure to the letter and keep a copy of everything, they have 3 days to acknowledge the complaint.

Lay out the fact you have the CHOICE of where your treatment is carried out and that the GP in refusing to refer you breaks the NHS charter and unfortunately this is causing you undue stress and concern for your health.

If that fails to move anything then give one of the ambulance chasing medical negligence law firms a call and see if they will take you on in a no win no fee, that will most certainly get the surgery's attention as a legal case will cost more than sending you to a hospital more expensive than they are prepared to write you up for.
I'm trying to not get confrontational at this stage, all of the surgeries here have too many patients and are reluctant to take more, so I'll still have to continue to deal with this surgery. I should point out that I'm not expecting the NHS to pay for this private MRI - this is my choice so my money (although you could argue that since the hospital is unable to provide a scan it's their problem-but I don't need them to pay and won't look into that aspect). I just want the scan for piece of mind or to speed up potential treatment rather than sit back until it's too late.

I'll wait for a couple of days for urology to get back to me (or call them again if they don't), hopefully it will be with a referral.

One other point is that if you google MRI, you can find private facilities that offer scans with no referrals needed which makes my GP surgery's stance even more odd.