View Single Post
Old 19-04-21, 07:18 AM   #9440
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Seeker
How different practices are. I thought I had upset a old hernia repair, went to the Docs and was told an appointment for an ultra scan would be arranged but expect a couple of months wait. As I was uncomfortable I asked for a letter to send to Beneden Health so as to get the scan done through them, if the delay was going to be long.
When I picked up the letter it was addressed to ' To Whom it may concern' so I could have approached any health provider.
As it turned out things appear to have settled down and so I don't expect to be having the scan anywhere.

Hope you manage to break the deadlock ok.
...MRI update. After calling the Urology dept again and pleading for a (self financed) referral I received a return phone call saying that I shouldn't have to pay for anything and the urologist will resubmit the request to "guarantee" I get an MRI within 2 weeks and, apparently, it will be a multi-parametric MRI, too.

I'm puzzled since the initial request was already marked urgent, what's the next level; life threatening?
I'm also puzzled by the MRI dept saying that they weren't yet doing prostate MRI scans because they didn't have anyone trained, yet the urology dept said they are getting scans coming through. I can imagine an untrained person sat in front of the control panel, cracking his knuckles and saying: "How hard can it be?"

The smaller optimistic part of me is saying "fantastic" , the larger cynical part of me is saying: "sounds too good to be true" . I guess I'll see...