View Single Post
Old 18-05-07, 12:37 PM   #50
stuartyboy

Default Re: SV .org Sticker design

[quote=Jamaxx;1190160]
Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er /quote]

I disagree mate. This the point I was trying to make. The logo you've done is just too close to the original. It doesn't stand out or distinguish enough from the real logo for people to recognise it as the .org site. Any other biker would just think it was another stock logo. The whole point of a logo is to be unique and distinctive.

My company does shed loads of graphic design work and I know from years of experience just by looking at it that it doesn't stand out enough.

Please dont think I'm criticising your efforts - anything but. I wish some people would show that kind of effort for me sometimes. I just woudn't like you to be disappointed with the end results.

The printers wont care - they'll take your money and when you see the end product you could be very disappointed. If you have no Graphic design experience then you probably sent the printers RGB proofs - these will render differently in real life.

Look athe the svrider.com logo below. There's no mistaking this for the real logo and you can tell instantly its a logo about a website for people who ride SVs.

If you want some help then PM me and I can point you in the right direction and save you time and money.

Last edited by stuartyboy; 18-05-07 at 12:43 PM.