View Single Post
Old 31-07-10, 12:07 PM   #34
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Doing the rideout?

+1 to everything Drew, Jambo, Bear and a few others have said. I would say that we don't want to make too much noise at the stops as the last thing we need is a telling off from the boys in blue or to draw attention to ourselves in that way, but we can still have fun.

And please, if you're going to flick someones kill switch off....make sure they are a confident and experienced rider. I've seen someone do it a rider coming to a stop and that rider ended up dropping the bike in a panic....so have fun, but be thoughtful of who you are doing it to.

I'm a new rider and I've had the same apprehensions, but to be perfectly honest, I think that if everyone rides to their own abilities, staggers, leaves a safe distance, keeps their eyes open and keeps one of those eyes in their mirrors, we should all be fine.

Ride for yourselves, have consideration for others and don't get lulled into a false sense of security following the rider in front....they make be able to take a corner much better than you.

Most of all....relax and enjoy it...it's going to be quite a spectacle!