View Single Post
Old 16-01-13, 11:44 AM   #31
Owenski

Default Re: Abba stand are they worth the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
£80 delivered incl the SV adaptor (no swingarm kit). Agreed, adapters & extra's can be expensive.
If I saw a better alternative I'd consider it. But for ease of use and cost (what I paid) it was worth it.
Selected from your post that's what proves my thinking on the "worth the money" Its not that its good value, its not that its faultless engineering its just because there isn't a competitor to it. There used to be the NWS and although they were a better products for a similar price they didn't have the versatility of the Abba and died out.
Thats not to say the Abba is brilliant, its unnervingly unstable, extraordinarily over priced and next to useless without additional spending. In fact if you're not buying it with the swing arm kit its no more beneficial than a bog standard paddock stand which could be bought for half the price. I'd have one second hand, especially at the £40 that the OP obtained his for but purely because it has the option to be versatile even if out of the box its nothing more than a paddock stand.

Sorry this is starting to feel like a proper abba rate lol, basically to me if it were possible for someone to construct a unit which came able to lift both the front and back (so fully suspend a bike) for under £100 including shipping it'd be worth a look for sure.

Out of interest where do you find the £80 stand? All I see is:
http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1
thats £99.95 for the Abba with SV adaptor, plus £14.95 if you want the swing arm tool.