View Single Post
Old 22-03-19, 03:08 PM   #49
Othen

Default Where to sell a K3 SV1000N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
Nope, he got it for £80, because the the military, like everyone else, thinks their old jets are worth way more than they actually are. But zsv simply told them they're wrong, thus £80.

We're learning a lot from you here, buddy. Keep it up.

Ha, ha - now I know you are joking. I really did buy my current 4 bikes for what I quoted above though. I got the Scrambler brand new from a dealer in Maryland for $7500 in 2007, I was living in Va and got paid in £, converted to $ at 2:1 so everything was half price. My employer (the military) even shipped it home for me, so that was a bargain. The Bloop was a barn find for £200 which cleaned up pretty well without much money spending on it. I'm the first and third owner of the CCM, bought new for £1400 from a dealer who had dabbled in the brand but found it was not for him and used in the Netherlands for 3 years before selling it to a mate who really wanted it - then buying it back a couple of years ago for £850. The K6 came with a year's MoT for £600 and has just needed a bit of TLC, and it is ready for the summer. All in all a fairly eclectic collection of bikes for under 6 grand. I use all the bikes and they are each a bit interesting in their own ways.

I do think it is amusing to hear how much people think things are worth. I remember buying a Toyota Supra (lovely car) about 15 years ago, the guy had it advertised for £6500, I showed up to look at it one Friday eve, he let on he had just left his wife and was desperate for some cash that weekend to pay the month's deposit on a flat with the new girlfriend - I offered him £2700 in cash which he laughed at so I started walking away - he ran after me before I got back to my mate's car and was happy to take the cash for his pride and joy. I enjoyed that car for 3 years and got £3k for it as a PX when I moved to Germany.

I don't really care what other people think - things are just worth what someone will pay for them, one can buy £6000 things all day long with 150 £20 notes in one’s back pocket.

I enjoy this SV650 site - they are cheap and cheerful bikes and many contributors have a similar attitude to running their bikes at low cost.

Ho hum...

Last edited by Othen; 22-03-19 at 05:50 PM.