View Single Post
Old 05-12-12, 10:42 PM   #1
Redmist

Default Trackday project K4

This is a bit of a blog / project track thread.
Feel free to comment (Trolls or people with fishing rods trying to get a bite! will be ignored!)

I bought the bike last friday, a 1 owner, 9000 mile 2003 model registered in 2004. Got it home in the works van with the alarm only going off twice! Blame my team mate / work colleague for that!

Story goes that after getting bitten by the track bug after a visit to cadwell this year I wanted a SV to have fun on and to get stuck in with swapping bits n bobs and generally getting dirty! Of course as this is the year of austerity, budget will always be tight so no fancy kit but hopefully a decent return for some tweaks.

NOTE: Most items to return the bike to street worthy I will keep, but the luggage rack, belly pan and alarm are up for grabs.
PM me tho, dont want to turn this thread into a selling one!

Plans are:

Suspension: Replace rear shock (ZX10 unit on the way), hyperpro fork springs ordered.
Brakes: Service stock units
Sprockets: -1 front, +1 rear for acceleration.
Bodywork: Run as streetfighter until confident, then find race/track fairings, seat etc.
Exhaust: Bin the mahoosive stock item, lighter carbon can but with baffle for db limits!
Misc: Paint wheels gold (Just cos I like it!)
Remove Meta alarm.
Air filter replacement.
Tank raise?? (Seen this idea as a ram air thing, any good?)

Pics are from the ebay listing!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orig1.jpg (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg orig2.jpg (125.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg orig3.jpg (125.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Redmist; 05-01-16 at 10:08 PM.
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote