View Single Post
Old 04-01-08, 10:22 AM   #9
Biker_Billy

Default Re: Riding to Limoges, France

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
not really. up to La Rochelle is as far to the coast as I've been. My best mate lives in Les Nouillers near Tonnay Boutonne. As we came through Dover we skirted away from the coast. We been up to Ile D'Oleron( fort Boyard) but as said we kept more to Rochefort, and round there. However if its any help, my best friends husband is a trucker and he planned our route for us, knowing the safest quickest direct route down there, so I could ask him for you. In and out of all ports in the Uk and France has a distinct advantage, and being an ex-motorcycle instructor, and badass biker, he'd be more than happy to help
Thanks again Dizzy. Basically, all I'm looking to do it to take 2 days to get to Limoges from Plymouth. I think I can get the late night ferry which gets me to Roscoff at 0800. I was hoping to ride just over halfway and stop for the night (thanks for the link to bike-stay), which will leave me time to hoon about for the afternoon once I've dropped the luggage off at the B&B. I can then leave in the morning, and get to Limoges about lunchtime the next day. If you get chance, could you ask your friend if he knows of a decent biking route down the West side of France - doesnt have to be the coast - just want decent roads thats all...

Thanks a lot!

Billy.