View Single Post
Old 20-11-21, 03:16 PM   #1
aesmith

Default SV650S L2 Brake Hoses

Hi,

I need to replace the brake hoses. From what I have seen it appears everyone tends to go for the "race" pattern at the front, with two full length lines and a double banjo at the master cylinder. So I would be interested in comments on a few points ..
(1) Is that still the preferred option, or has anyone fitted and liked any of the three legged options that mimic the original? HEL do this pattern but I haven't seen it in the flesh, I believe it is three separate hoses with a joint block which fits to the fork in the same place as OEM.
(2) For those who've fitted the race pattern, how have you dealt with routing and securing? I can see a few issues for which hopefully people have already found plenty of options. (a) the bracket on the lower yoke, currently holding a single hose, now needs to hold two (b) need a hose support on the R/H fork leg and (c) hose support needs to properly hold these narrower hoses.
(3) What are the current thoughts on brands? I see "Venhill" popping up as well as HEL, and Goodridge
(4) Are there any compatibility issues between years? One thing I've found with the L2 is that lots of suppliers don't include that year in their listings. I know the calipers are the same as the earlier pointys, but I have a vague recollection of different threads at the M/C at some point.

Any comments very welcome,

Thanks, Tony S
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote