View Single Post
Old 16-05-18, 08:50 PM   #1
Tamsen Cooper

Default Clear clutch cover- home build

Hi All,

So with the spare engine I featured in one of the videos, I thought it would be cool to use the spare clutch cover I have to have a go at making a transparent clutch cover at home. Now I have read many, many threads, on this site and others about this process. The slight frustration is that many of the pictures are now broken links so I am following mostly words with some pictures online.

So here are my questions I have not encountered
  • I intend to use a drill to cut a series of drilled holes very close to each other to cut out the shape (mine is the plastic cover), is there much chance of the plastic cracking? Hoping to use a handsaw to cut out the detail and file (open to suggestions)
  • I have seen that lexan is suggested by many, of those that have had it for a few years, it is discoloured or is there a better material recently?
  • On the 2002 I have, the oil filler comes into the main centre, some have machined a whole new cover whilst others have made a much smaller hole for a viewing window, which would be a bit of a shame. Has anyone seen a version with a 'cut out' for the oil filler, so the main window is circular but with a small 'chunk' out of it- just wanted to see what it may look like!

Any other tips from people that have had a go/ seen it done?

Thanks as always
Tamsen Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote