View Single Post
Old 13-01-20, 02:07 PM   #1
ZX9R

Default Curvy clutch cover

I would like to say thank you to the fourm for the information i found with ref to the clutch cover leaking on my wife curvy sv650.

After trying to stop the small oil leak on her sv and it not working, i looked on here to see if it was a known problem. After reading a couple of threads i knew what was the problem.
When i removed the cover for the second time i placed it on a sheet of glass. The cover was warped on all the bolt fixings points and the lower ones were worst.

So i started by using my 2" air sander to remove the worst of the raised points of the bolt fixing areas. Then once i got the worst off, i taped a sheet of 800 grit wet & dry to a sheet of glass. I then started to rub the cover over the wet & dry turning it as i went along. After nearly 10 mins i had it so i could not push my feeler gauge (0.33mm) between the cover and the glass at any point all the way around the cover.

I have now refitted the cover with a little smear of sealer on the o-ring gaskit and ran the engine up to temp. It's has been standing now for 4 hours and there is no sign of any oil leaking out. Will check it again tomorrow morning. So fingers crossed this will work and the oil leak problem is history.
ZX9R is offline   Reply With Quote