Thread: Bikeshuttle
View Single Post
Old 13-12-17, 12:09 PM   #2
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bikeshuttle

Interesting info, thanks. As you say, the costs aren't that far apart when everything is taken into account. The run to Dover and through the NE part of France isn't the most wonderful, and if you've done it a few times it's worth skipping the drudgery. I always go Portsmouth these days because I can't stand getting to Dover, and surprisingly it's actually shorter from Le Havre to Grenoble for example than from Calais. An overnight ferry from Portsmouth saves me an extra night's accommodation and I get dumped in France at 8am so a full day ahead.
Anyone contemplating using Brittany Ferries, have a look at their Club Voyage, it's a joining fee and annual subs, but can work out cost effective for more than one crossing. Also, a full member can sign up an associate member for just an annual fee and they get the full benefits and can book and travel independently. This is the arrangement I have with a friend, he travels from Plymouth and I go from Portsmouth, works perfectly. I break even on one crossing and save on 2 or more. Just a thought.