View Single Post
Old 10-10-18, 01:51 PM   #18
ll_Woolley_ll

Default Re: Trying to find parts for a K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
yup just to protect radiator.

suspension upgrading depends on how long you have been riding and how much of a fast rider you are. be honest to YOURSELF. another factor is how many miles do you do each time your out on the bike. no point in having fancy suspension if your just nipping to your local bike cafe then home again. anything under 100miles is a waste of decent suspension.

the problem with the SV (pointy) suspension is that its designed for someone around 8-9st and is only preload adjustable and has little rebound dampening so you get the "pogo stick" sensation. this is fine for most "newbie" riders. if you cant tell there is something wrong with your suspension then you dont need anything better.

good suspension costs money and a fair old bit of it so if your not prepared to spend a min of £200 then dont go down that road. to do it properly is around £1k. yes you can do it cheeper like a lot of others but in reality its a bodge.

what i'm trying to say is that unless your going to get the shock and springs matched to your weight then no point in spending money going somewhere for them to "set the bike up".
Yeah I get that bit, gunna leave it as is for now, maybe do what you said and just refurb what's already there.

When I said about setting the bike up I meant the preload on the standard suspension, the levers, rear brake and gear selector and all that sort of stuff.

Basically this https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...p-a-motorcycle
ll_Woolley_ll is offline   Reply With Quote