View Single Post
Old 07-03-19, 02:41 PM   #13
Othen

Default Re: Electric/Mechanical gremlins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback and help I’ll see what I can do over the weekend, I go to LA on Monday so I might not get time to get everything tested but the replies so far have been extremely helpful

I’ve had the bike like 6 years tbh and it’s been flawless mechanically even with its tiny journeys,. It just seems to have gotten worse recently

I will report back if I find anything! You have all been great

Honestly if I could throw £500 at the bike to have it like new I’d do it in a heartbeat, I cannot afford a new bike but this cost me like £2k and it’s been such a fun machine I never want to see it go
Have you been keeping the bike serviced for the 6 years you have owned it? If so why not just take it to wherever you have been getting it maintained and £500 will go a very long way to getting it sorted out.

... If not then now would be a good time to find a local bike mechanic or bike shop (not a main dealer, £500 won't go far there). Just ask around local bikers or search the internet for a local chap and leave it with him. It is hard for us to guess what might be the problem by proxy, but a good bike mechanic with a knowledge of SVs would diagnose the issues very quickly.

Good fortune,

Alan