View Single Post
Old 28-11-17, 09:05 PM   #5
Jferchal95

Default Re: 1999 sv650 running problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
I've had 3 things which have made mine run badly in different ways. May or may not be relevant but FWIW .....................

1 Choke plunger sticking on one carb, shows up as running far too rich once warm, stumbling at idle and coughing at low revs
2 spark plug faulty. Strangely it would run under some load but not at idle/small throttle. After draining/resetting carbs (thought it was fuel related), I fitted some old plugs and problem solved, so just got a new set
3 Found engine really felt reluctant to rev properly. Found reg/rec (yes, our old friend) had popped its clogs and voltage wasn't getting above about 13.5V. Have yet to fix this as bike is now off road for winter.
Interesting points there, im new to the forum but believe me im familiar with the whole reg/ rec faffery

Like i said earlier on it has had a service recently and all cables (choke plungers included) have been checked, cleaned and lubricated, aswell as all fluids and filters, so i dont think that would be causing the issue. I dont think the reg has ever been changed so i’ll have a look at that at the weekend and see if anythings amiss. ����