View Single Post
Old 27-02-21, 05:22 PM   #9303
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Yep, and if we are so feeble as to let them dictate the terms then so be it. They aren't going to be particularly benevolent or philanthropic towards us, why would they? We made the decision and we got what we wanted. We had 4 1/2 years to decide what we wanted.

Just to be clear, I was never in favour of voting for a blank sheet of paper. When you sign a blank contract with "T&Cs to be completed later" don't be surprised at what gets written there at a later date. You've signed it, tough.

I would have preferred to remain, I used the privileges of being able to work freely in different EU countries in the past and the loss of that alone seems such a retrograde step. I genuinely feel sorry for the musicians/performers who have just realised what the reality of being a third country actually means, but that's what it is. Similarly the farmers and fishing trade, it's a great shame that they now are subject to a lot of restrictive rules/regs, but that's what happens.
After all the hype about financial companies rushing out of UK to the EU..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...utposts-in-u-k

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote