View Single Post
Old 16-06-18, 07:53 AM   #2
pedro3178

Default Re: 2001 SV650S issues

Many thanks for the above reply.

I will try adding more information.....

I first got this issue when I red lined her, the Rev limiter kicked in and since then I now have this issue. I have fitted brand new spark plugs, I checked the drain hole with a small bit of wire , my battery is around 14v while charging and since changing the rectifier doesn’t get warm anymore. My idle isn’t great at all , it’s certainly not smooth, normally when starting from cold I would give some choke for a bit then take it off , she would sit around 1500 , now it can go to around 1000 and doesn’t sound stable. My coils from memory were 5. Something and 20. Something on ohm test on both , my fuel lines all feel ok and visual inspection looks good but I have not removed any hoses.
I have had the air box off and air filter out, all looked ok and I double checked air box was seated correctly when putting back together by keeping air filter out and checking rubber seals secured first.

Think that’s all I can think of ? I feel it’s linked with what happened with the Rev limiter but have no idea what that could have caused

Meant to also say, I don’t hear any strange noise from the engine

Last edited by pedro3178; 16-06-18 at 09:00 AM.
pedro3178 is offline   Reply With Quote