View Single Post
Old 20-11-15, 01:52 PM   #1
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Another new bike...

About 5 years ago my father-in-law and I bought a twin engined Pro-Kart for mucking about on at the local kart track - gave us loads of fun for about 3 years but then the track changed the arrangement for "owner-drivers" meaning very little track time for loads of sitting about so the kart got shoved to the back of the garage where it sat for the last 2 years. Got fed up looking at it so sold it via Gumtree a few weeks ago and made the suggestion that we should reinvest the funds into something we would get more use out of - like another motorbike

Between the two of us we already have an SV650, Bandit 1200, BSA C15, Hornet and my little GS125 - so we have small singles, a 2 cylinder and 4 cylinders - but what we don't have is a big single or an adventure type bike. Budget was set to a very low £1000 tops and we started looking initially for an old XR600 or similar but then this popped up for the right money - its had 18(!) owners but is really clean and considering its 21 years old only has 35k on the clock. £800 later we have this - I cant wait!

Its a 1994 BMW F650 Strada