View Single Post
Old 04-02-24, 04:36 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default OMO -Motorola G82 bluetooth/mic issue

OMO, I have a problem! In order to play music, send messages, take phone calls in my car I have one of the cigarette lighter socket Bluetooth/FM transmitter devices which connects to my Moto G82 and transmits to a spare radio frequency on the car radio.

On my ancient old Samsung Galaxy, this worked well, I could send text/WhatsApp/Messenger messages and make and take phone calls via voice.

On the Motorola, voice commands still work, so I can tell the phone to make a call to someone, or to send a message to someone, but when the call is answered the phone can't hear me (or possibly the built in mic on the bluetooth device can't hear me). Similarly when the phone asks me what message I want to send to the contact I've just told it to bring up, it can no longer hear me.

All the other voice commands still work, so for instance, I can tell it to open BBC sounds, or play a piece of music, or open the satnav app, it just doesn't hear me within some apps like phone and messaging.

I've checked the various app permissions to make sure they have mic access. Don't know why when it worked on the old Samsung it doesn't work on the Motorola.

Any ideas?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote