View Single Post
Old 25-05-08, 08:47 PM   #5
Ed

Default Re: Border Patrol ride in

Stop at Fowlers? Sounds a good idea - nice cafe, only prob is they have so many things that I always want to buy I bought my bike there, it'll be going home!! TBH going via Fowlers would suit me fine cos I need to go via Bristol anyway, to collect Fran.

No way am I staying on the M5 to J23, it ain't gonna happen. I hate that motorway, the Severn Bridge will frighten the hell out of me (don't like high and windy bridges either), and that will be enough torture for one day. I will be doing the A37 piece.

On leaving Shrewsbury - I was thinking of leaving about 11am ish, maybe a bit later - it's only 2.5 - 3 hours to Bristol. Perhaps we could all meet at Shrewsbury Services, at the junction of the A5 and A49? Route:
  • A49 to not quite Ross-on-Wye
  • A4137 to the A40
  • A40 to Monmouth - we could meet Luckypants here
  • A466 through the Wye Valley to Chepstow (nice bit of road this, bit narrow around Tintern)
  • A48/M48 across the Severn Bridge
  • M4/M32 into Bristol City Centre
  • Stay on the inner ring road straight to Fowlers
  • http://tinyurl.com/52fqx8
I then have to hop up to Clifton with darylB to collect Fran, it's 2 miles max, doesn't take long (on a bike). Then, depending on whether other people are travelling at the same time, meet up again at Fowlers for a ride down the A37. Or, darylB and I could go straight to Fran's house, pick him up and then meet up with everyone at Fowlers.

Last edited by Ed; 25-05-08 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Map added