Thread: My first pointy
View Single Post
Old 31-03-17, 12:47 PM   #57
Taipan

Default Re: My first pointy

Well after a using it for commuting into London it seems to have settled itself down nicely. It had a perished blanking plug on the front TB and an open hole on the rear TB with no plug at all! So having sorted that out and got a half decent balance on the TBs and reset the TPS and fitted new plugs and plug caps, it seems to run fine now. Not sure the plug caps were needed but the plugs were. Pick up and throttle roll ons are so much smoother now.

So the list of jobs to do is fit the footrest lowering plates. Sort out some sort of bracket for the floppy speedo assembly and hopefully incorporate the Harley headlight into it too, or just fit the new round, standard size headlight and ditch the current twin headlight set up. Id like some slightly higher bars too but wil probably need longer throttle cables to do that? Not getting much time at weekends though, but hopefully as the lighter nights roll in, i'll get some more time for it. In the mean time i'll just (hopefully) enjoy riding it.

Last edited by Taipan; 31-03-17 at 12:48 PM.
Taipan is offline   Reply With Quote