View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 03:00 PM   #1
DamoK4

Default Windshield noise advice needed

Hi guys i am hoping someone on here can come up with a solution to my horrible wind noise issue. Before i begin I have a 2005 sv650s with a stock screen, i have a well fitted shoei qwest helmet and i am a reasonably tall rider at about 6 foot 2.

I havent had the bike long but but the wind noise is terrible over 40-50mph, even with my custom moulded earplugs. I can tuck in and it is still really loud. I dont really get any lifting or whistling i just think it is turbulance. I sat perfectly upright yesterday with my head tilted slightly up and the noise instantly stopped, so it leads me to thinking the wind is either getting in through the back of the helmet or ive just got to a nice spot of air behind the screen.

From what ive read am i correct in thinking a taller or DB screen will make it worse? I am more than happy to put a smaller screen on to stop it as the bike is great, it just ruins the experience. I have seen a stick on helmet skirt but they all look really bad on a white helmet. Ive read that the mirrors can be a contributing factor too? I am close to the point of selling it which would be a real shame!

Any ideas?

heres my lanky self on the bike for laughs:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...2016.10.22.png

Last edited by DamoK4; 07-09-19 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added an image
DamoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote