View Single Post
Old 18-01-08, 10:39 AM   #16
ejohnh

Default Re: Euro Accommodation ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelporter View Post
ok I take it the trip is for 7 days? most people who have left us for Santander/Bilbao use our route and stay the last night at another b+b that we know near Biaritz this allows you to have a long but amazing day from us to them and then you have a short ride to the ferry on the last day we can give you far far better roads to follow in Spain once you leave us that I promise.
How many days are you planning to take before getting to the Perpignan area? we can certainly modify your route across france to make it better as well if you are on a 1 stopper before getting here it gives you 2 days of 350 miles or a bit less. If you stay near La chatre we can then give you a great route from there to clermont ferand (2.5 hrs) and then autoroute to cross the millau bridge then the valleys and gorges of the Tarn, they will be 2 long days but extremely fullfilling, once you get here you can have a rest day)
We dock in Caen at 8am on Saturday, May24 and catch the ferry from Santander to Plymouth at 4pm on Monday, June2. It gives us more or less 10 days. I am planning on taking 2 stops before getting to Perpignon because we want to explore the Gorges Du Tarn and Millau and not just go thru it.

I have posted the provisional segments of our route on another thread in this forum.

For the two interim stops we aren't too concerned about luxury and I was wondering if anybody on here has had stops at one of the budget line hotels like Formule1. Any?

What is a reasonable daily mileage for no Joey Rockets to do along the Spanish national roads? Bikes are SV650K1, FJR1300, 'Busa, and Triumph Legend. You can see the relevant bits of our route at:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=102884

I have a feeling that I should be splitting the Spanish side into more segments, Any comments/suggestions about that as well as the French side? Are the Picos going to be too much to do in the time?

Nothing except the ferries is carved in stone yet. I was thinking that from your base we could do a day tour down the costa to Tossa and then leg it back up the autopista to Perp.

Cheers

John