View Single Post
Old 17-07-18, 07:29 AM   #6014
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Yep, they are depressing places. I've just been referred for genetic testing. As I've mentioned on here, mum has dementia, but it's a rarer type called frontal temporal or Picks disease. Apparently it can be passed down via a combination of specific genes. If you have that combination you will definitely get the dementia. What's more it is usually early onset, from the age of 45. Mum didn't start to show symptoms until her late 60s buy I'm 47.

So I've decided to get tested. Some friends have said I'm brave or stupid. Opinions vary. But I'm no longer in a relationship, I have no children. I'd rather know if I'm going to need full time care. That way I can a) plan for the inevitable b) not worry too much about how my pension is performing and c) start doing my bucket list before the illness makes me swear at people in the street, overeat junk food, stop feeling any empathy for everyone else and start running around naked with no concept of preserving my dignity. All symptoms of this disease.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk