View Single Post
Old 18-01-10, 09:18 AM   #36
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Default Re: Why do you not ride a twin?

IL4's all the way for me. I think supersport 600's have all the power you really need on the road, a thousand is probably over the top but I will reserve judgement till I have tried one.

In terms of usable power, I find the IL4's perfect for my riding style. However, you do have to ride them differently ie keeping the revs up above 7k if you want acceleration. In the same way as with a twin you need to keep it between 4-8k.

IL4 pros
For me, IL4 is a smother delivery of power. You have an insanily fast top end if you suddenly get the urge to make progress rapidly, but then when you are on the motorway you can chuck it in 5th and cruz at 6k rpm.

Twin negatives
Not much choice in my price range - SV650's are not exactly the most hard wearing of bikes in the winter. Dont like the lumpy engine, it is a bit like driving a diesel (lots of power in a small lump, vs an IL4 which is like a petrol supercar with progressively more power. IL4 tend to be lower which is great for me as I am a shortarse.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote