View Single Post
Old 21-07-19, 12:35 PM   #7454
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtodie View Post
In the last 3 months I have had a disposable vape pen go through one rear, acted like a straw and tyre went flat VERY quickly, so replaced and 1000 miles later in the same stretch of road a newly cut key went through... 5 hours later, the recovery truck arrived from his last job in Ipswich!! FUMING>

I feel your pain.
When I am out on bike I tend to avoid areas of road that are not regularly used by other traffic, e.g.. areas near kerb, centre of lanes, and those normally 'V' shaped areas of road junctions that collect gravel and other miscellaneous crap. My rationale is that if I stick to the well used bits the chances are that because many other vehicles have passed over it that their tyres will have picked the potential puncture object up before I got there... for this reason I avoid filtering - which often takes you into those unused areas, but also takes away one of the benefits of a motorbike, still even without filtering I will get there, hopefully without a puncture which would delay me a lot.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-r...der-puncrures/

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 21-07-19 at 03:17 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote