View Single Post
Old 16-02-19, 07:03 PM   #6004
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Mongolia, wow! Yoko,I know very little to be honest about turntables so I hope it's a good one. My Linn was sold to me by a guy I used to work with, I'd heard of them and he let me take it home and try it out before I decided, it was an opportunistic purchase.
Put a bid on this 264189796964 I checked with the seller and when it says a problem with the winder, he means the external one - the camera is fine. Am hoping that will put people off. Also been looking at this and asked about the RF spot and meter, but the seller gave me a real generic reply so think I'll pass, and it's got a bid on it now anyway.
Spent the day in Lincoln, had a look at a Fuji X20 at London Camera Exchange. No case but reasonable price, nice though. There are a couple on ebay that look good so might be in possession of one those soon. They had a TZ80 as well (200, the Fuji was 180), nice enough but I struggled to focus my eye on the image in the EVF, even with much diopter fiddling. The X20 is 12MP but I think that'll be enough combined with a good lens and electronics, and every review is glowing.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote