View Single Post
Old 16-10-22, 12:15 PM   #1
Geodude
Mega Poster

Default Floppy clutch lever?

Taking a break from banging my head against wall so thought i'd ask the cleverer people if they have any info on this...

SV650N 99 won't keep clutch adjustment.. Clutch plates, steels and cable all new 500 miles 'ish and worked well until now. New oil today also and at correct level.

1#Lever end loose floppy (f'nar) so do full correct adjustment as per bibs and sids clutch mantra guide. Cable both ends and wormdrive set and perfect. Put bike in 1st lovely, ride forward a bit, nice then flick beautifully into neutral.

2#Let clutch lever out then pull back in put into 1st and clunk bike trying to pull away with clutch fully pulled in and having to hold it back with front brake and no chance of getting neutral with engine running. Wtf?

Roll bike back to garage re-adjust cable wormdrive yadda yadda yadda everything locked down and perfect and repeat 1# and 2# until you start banging your head on wall...

Anybody got any ideas?

As usual i'm pulled in 75 dirrections so if i don't get back to any reply for a bit thats why, not because i think you're an ....

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Last edited by Geodude; 16-10-22 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Brain hurts
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote