View Single Post
Old 09-07-06, 02:31 PM   #3

Default Re: Insurance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepdoggydog
I had my first real crash yesterday, I was riding down a nice B road, when up ahead I noticed that all the traffic was tailed back due to a slow moving lorry up ahead, so i started to filter down past all of the slow moving traffic. Next thing I know is the a car is out pulling of a turning between two of the cars on my side of the road about five meters ahead, I'm going at about 20-30 mph so i slammed on the anchors, however she didn't see me as she was looking the other way so continued to pull out, which resulted in me being T boned!!

My question is who was in the wrong? there was an off duty copper that was a few cars back who got out to help, he happened to be a biker too. He said that it was 50-50, which i agree with, I was overtaking and didn't notice her and she didn't look properly.

does any one know of any rules regarding this kind of situation, I could do with out involving the insurance company as I'm only 22 and have only just built up 1 years ncb, if it falls down on be its going to cost me fortunes!!
sorry to hear it, in my opinion and experiance of reading cases on here, it sounds like she is very much in the wrong. she pulled out in front of you after all!!

hope you get it sorted asap,

Cheers
Alex