View Single Post
Old 02-01-22, 10:28 PM   #1093
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Not sure if it's been discussed before but wondered if anyone has recommendations for running watches, preferably ones that can be used for a bit of cycling and possibly hiking too.

Currently looking at Garmin Instinct Solar that I can get a deal and use a voucher on. I've used garmins for cycling before but my very old one has finally given up the ghost (for the 3rd time). I'd like to get one for runnning and know you can get bike mounts for them too, so rather a watch than a bike unit this time.

Does anyone have any experience or even tips on what to avoid?
Not much experience to go on here for me Adam, as the only running watch I've ever owned is the one I currently have. It's an old Garmin Forerunner 110 which I bought on ebay for £18 about 3 years ago. Does everything I need it to do - time, distance, elevation, pace, route gpx etc. It's pretty robust, having been walloped on the ground a couple of times when I've gone over while wearing it. The battery will need replacing at some stage, but they are available and replaceable with a very simple piece of soldering. It has been used for running, walking/hiking, and cycling, and has done each job perfectly well with no fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Also to add that after my 100k for the Movember challenge I decided to try and do the original 60k November target in December too. And succeeded, bringing my two month (2021) total to 161k, or exactly 100 miles. The equivalent of home in Bristol to Regent's Park in London. Not bad considering I hadn't really run properly before. Not sure I run "properly" now either I'm probably a mess of sight when I do, but it feels it's the only thing getting me through these dark months at the moment.
Well done on the mileage there, good going!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote