View Single Post
Old 31-03-20, 11:28 AM   #25
Chris_SVS

Default Re: Social Distancing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
This is interesting, from The Guardian:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lord-sumption

According to the article: "The National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) and College of Policing are rushing through guidance reminding officers that despite politicians’ warnings, they cannot bar people from going for a run or a drive. It will state that while certain actions such as driving to exercise may be unwise, they are not prohibited by the emergency powers, according to sources with knowledge of detailed discussions. It is also expected to conclude the law does not restrict people to exercising outside only once a day."

Now I am NOT saying "everyone disconnect their Optimates and get their bikes out" but I do agree that the responses of some police forces in some cases has been disproportionate. If the Government issues clear instructions - such as those in France, Spain, Greece etc - then those should be enforced. But right now, the Government's recommendations are guidelines, not a law, and it's a slippery slope if individual forces are allowed to interpret that how they wish.
Some forces have been pretty daft with this so it's a good thing to reign them in, but at the same time some people have also been really daft with their interpretation of the advice - if these folk happen to have their photo taken via use of a drone then, oh well!

We're somewhat waiting on exercise being banned or at least geofenced within a radius of your house like the ROI did. But my simple opinion on riding motorcycles for pleasure is - Don't -

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 31-03-20 at 11:33 AM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote