View Single Post
Old 31-03-20, 07:58 PM   #29
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Social Distancing ...

I think Craig explained that rather well a few posts previously. You can find traces of the virus for some considerable time but that doesn't mean the virus was still viable and capable of infection.

Incidentally wearing gloves doesn't stop you catching it directly, you don't get infected through the skin on your hands. They can help in that you are less inclined to touch your face whilst wearing gloves, and even less likely to eat something with them on, but they can give a false sense of security. You only have to watch the way people are behaving with them on. I'll give you an example.

People drive to the supermarket, get out of the car and put their gloves on before getting their trolly. They then do all their shopping, take it back to the car and open the door to put the shopping in. After they have returned the trolly they take their gloves off, get in the car and drive home. What do they do when they get home? Open the door to get the shopping out and in doing so transfer any virus that was on their gloves to their hands via the handle. They then handle all the shopping they had also previously handled with their gloves on, putting it all away whilst having that cup of tea and biscuit they had been so looking forward to whilst shopping..... See what I mean? If they hadn't been wearing gloves they would have treated everything they had touched, and their hands, as a potential infection risk and washed them before getting in the car, after unpacking, and before eating or drinking anything. There's a reason people are still getting infected left right and centre, this Virus is a proper bugger!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote