View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 08:17 PM   #13
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: How not to ride on the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Rob Frost, hearing the bike decking out like that on a track is fine, because you are there to ride the bike right to the limit, that's racing. But to hear that constantly on the road and choose not to heed the warning, then bin it as a result, you've got to be a bit of a prat.

Road riding, especially riding at close quarters in a group of bikes, takes a completely different set of skills, and those skills are about how you use your noodle, not how well you can handle the bike, and those guys in that video, were sh!t. You can't just take skills off the race track and dump them on the road, with no adjustment.
Aye, don't take a firestorm and try and keep up with a tiller and a duke, it's not even in same class. Should have brought an SP1 to play. He must be pretty good to have done as well as he did though.
But anyway it looks like he lost the front on the brakes, not running out of ground clearance.

Re. that second bit, I can't say you're wrong, but a load of fast, safe advanced riding would make a really sh*t video. I wish I could say "meh I've done worse", but I can't cos I'm not that good at riding a bike