View Single Post
Old 27-06-18, 06:59 AM   #3145
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Strange smile this.

I was driving the car today and tried pulling out in front of a biker at a T junction, but then realised he wasn't going to pull in to the road I was exiting, so I ended up stopped a couple of feet out of the junction. The rider gave me the finger and yelled some very unpleasant names at me. I pulled out behind him at he continued to wave at me. Then he switched his indicators off. The waving and shouting stopped abruptly.

Did he then realise that he was indicating? Now who is the knobber?
Just after I got my new AL7 I wired up a couple of LED spotlights and also some bright blue LED for the indicators, I had seen quite a few bikes riding round with indicators still flashing away (unfortunately they don't self cancel like a cars do) - the blue LED (photos in this thread http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...=maplin&page=3) show up very well even in bright sun and you don't need to be looking at dash to see them, they are picked up by your peripheral vision. I had done this on previous bikes - the consequences of leaving indicators on can be catastrophic for a bike rider, people don't need an excuse to pull out on you.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-06-18 at 07:03 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote