Thread: Sun dance
View Single Post
Old 03-08-10, 10:39 PM   #23
fenjer

Default Re: Sun dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I ride several hundred miles in the pouring rain to such events. In fact just to see friends.

Bloddy stop moaning, its once a year folks, ya bunch of old jessies. If I weren't so fat and preggers I'd come down there and whoop all yer asses.
No-one was monaing, simply stating facts and their preferences.

I for one know that I will not be confident or happy riding 300 odd miles in pouring rain, especially where car drivers will not be expecting bikes (they dont at the best of times, even less so in the rain!) after only a few hours sleep, to have to arrive in the rain, pitch a tent in the rain, potentially do a ride out in the rain, then dismantle a tent in the rain and ride home in the rain, then get up and do a run of 3 12 hour shifts on the Monday.

If I am out and it rains then fair enough, I deal with it. I will not however take what I consider to be an unneccesary risk by setting off on a 300 mile journey in the rain for a "once a year" event or otherwise.

My bike is my time to myself, a hobby that I enjoy, sitting on a motorway getting soaked for 300 miles is not my idea of fun.