View Single Post
Old 23-10-17, 07:10 PM   #5060
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Daughter phoned in tears from work

From the sound of it her manager is a bully, Shouts/Rants and imposes impossible deadlines etc. She has already suggested several times that my daughter might be better off looking elsewhere.

For a law firm you would think management would understand the consequences of constructive dismissal!

I don't think you would get this in a male environment as we tend to stick up for ourselves. But when women clash, it is either cat fight or sulks. the daughter definitely feels she is being forced out.
My wife has worked for more than a few bosses (both in this country and overseas) - she will tell anyone who cares to listen that she prefers a male boss. She agrees 90% of the women bosses she has had display the symptoms you describe, one used to chuck furniture around, others seemed unable to take responsibility without passing stress on to others. She says men are normally more measured and fair in their dealings with employees.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 23-10-17 at 07:20 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote