Thread: Bikeshuttle
View Single Post
Old 12-08-18, 03:39 PM   #8
Stilo

Default Re: Bikeshuttle

Update, a bit late though.
I can't recommend Bikeshuttle enough, the service was seemless all the way through.
We dropped the bikes off on the Thursday morning, they checked around the bike to make sure there is no damage etc, put all of our riding gear in labelled flight boxes and then issue you with a "passport" for the bike & gear etc. The bikes were loaded and secured into floor mounted wheel braces, not strapped down across the seat like a lot of ferries.They do supply transport to Luton airport but as I live locally we made our own way their. At Geneva airport they ferried us in 2 minibuses to the hotel about 15 minutes away, the plane had been delayed so the restauarants next to the hotel were closed but there were a number of riders who had been with Bikeshuttle before and we walked with them into a nearby town, about 20 minutes walk, where there were bars etc.
The next morning I had a text at 8.00am saying the bikes were on site at the back of the hotel. THe bikes & riding gear were all lined up with Bikeshuttle staff at hand.
On the return we dropped the bikes off back at the hotel & got a bus into Geneva for lunch etc and got a flight home on the Friday evening, again because I live locally, the rest of the riders stay at the hotel on the Friday & get a minibus to the airport Saturday morning and then another minibus from Luton to the Bike shuttle depot.
We spoke to a lot of riders who had used the service before and every other first timers like us agreed it was great and we would definitely use it again.
I didn't take the SV I rode a CF Moto650 which is a KTM designed Chinese bike which really impressed me & I will write up a review if anybody is interested.