View Single Post
Old 21-01-19, 07:41 PM   #5954
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Hmm looks pretty similar. Kenzie the bumper foam on yours has gone!

Basik is the model AFAIK. To be honest if you play a lot of 45s then it's not for you, I tried it once and it didn't last long. Not sure why - googled just now and one forum member said spray it with furniture polish, but also found the manual online and it said if the belt is oily it'll slip off so degrease it! If you were interested I'd try either and see before you waste your time looking at it. I'm not sure about price, looking like around 400 but it's hard to get a handle on it TBH, dunno if that is in the ballpark! Now I'm talking about it I am wondering if I should sell it - I do this with everything. It's in the dining room as that's got the only amp with a phono stage, but it's not very good, my usual amp and speakers are in the living room. I might move it in there to try it again. I also have an old 80s JVC amp which is so loud it's insane, only input is for phono, so I am thinking if I could put the two together in another room somewhere and cause Mrs Rod to have an aneurysm as she is desperate to have streaming music and fewer boxes!
AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote